Sunday, October 9, 2016

Responses: the best way to respond in public






This week our blog assignment is to find a review to somewhere, where the business has replied in a nasty way.  I have chose to use the above article which references a bad yelp review.  I spent a considerable about of time trying to find a bad review response and frankly I thought that the very few responses I did find were handled well.  I think this issue of nasty responses has lessened over time mostly through an education process and through the change in service abilities through various websites.  There are now many different options available which offer businesses an educated way to respond in a respectful and appropriate way.  Which is why I chose the article above.  The restaurant representative chose to use the situation as a way to educate the reviewer and everyone else why their policy was set the way it was.  The well placed example and even better use of humor made the review a helper rather than a nasty situation worse.  Additionally the appropriate example served to cut off the thinly vailed threats that the reviewer made.  With the wide availability of tools given to those in business this type of approach can allow for a better light to be cast rather than a at face value review which could be one sided and inappropriate based on the whole situation rather than just part of the situation.  It is helpful to all to consider that businesses have the option to choose to handle things in their own way, but the business will often fair better if they have the ability to handle things well, like this business owner did. In my personal opinion, this type of response is far better than the new pay options that have become available to remove poor reviews.  


No comments:

Post a Comment